Re: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)

To: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)
From: "Curtis Carlson" <carlson@navtech.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:02:24 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Boy...You said it!  American drivers SUCK with a capital "S".  And I'm
from Minnesota!  How eloquently you described our faults!  I couldn't
agree more.

What really bugs me is those people who don't have the guts to merge
onto the freeway from an entrance ramp in heavy traffic.  They'd rather
come to a COMPLETE stop at the end of the ramp, and wait for an
appropriate window in the right lane of traffic (which comes about once
in a blue moon).  Some people just don't understand that it's easier to
merge into traffic with a 10 mph differential in speeds, than a 65mph
differential in speeds!  So, they wait at the bottom of the ramp for the
window that will never come.......

Due to this problem, I almost became the meat in an Austin Healey
sandwich this weekend when some bonehead didn't have the balls to merge
onto the freeway on a blind ramp.

That's enough to get my road rage up....and my little Austin Healey horn
just doesn't command the attention I'd like it too.  Maybe I'll see if I
can get an old air-horn from my locomotive-collecting friend, Bob.  That
would get 'em movin I'm sure!

Curt

--
Curtis Carlson
'66 Austin Healey Sprite MkIII ("Gerty")