Still Working on that Miss!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Still Working on that Miss!
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 06:48:20 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Over the weekend I posted questions about my newest acquisition, my 1979
Midget, with regards to the engine missing badly while trying to maintain
50-60 mph speeds.  Under power--while accelerating or decelerating, there is
no miss--just when trying to maintain the speed, or when idling and increasing
the rpm to 3500-4000.  My knowledgeable mechanic listened to it yesterday and
commented that it sounded like "the ignition is breaking down".  SO--Here is
where I am going:  The car has the little black box electronic ignition inside
the distributor.  I bought a good point distributor from the mechanic for
$25--along with new points, silicon wire set, and cap.  I am going to get rid
of the electronic ignition in favor of the point distributor (After giving the
purchased one a thourough cleanng with carb cleaner and mag wheel cleaner)--a
move seemingly to the approval of  the older face to face LBC guys. Hopefully
this will solve that missing problem.

Any input from you guys will be appreciated. Thanks!!  Next I will have to
deal with a knock of the exhaust (not located yet) against the frame and an
exhaust leak (not located yet).

------David
        1967 Sprite MKIV, aka, Vicky
        1979 Midget