Re: Sanding or Stripping?

To: CMLove <cmlove@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: Sanding or Stripping?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 20:53:04 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
CMLove wrote:

> Hello listers;
>
> I will be doing some body work soon (this winter) and I am wondering
> about the best way to prepare the body for painting.  I have heard some
> talk about paint strippers and others talk about sand blasting.  And
> then there is just sand paper.  Is there a best way?  Which would you
> use and when?
>
> Thanks,
Monty

I have done all 3 methods.
Chemical stripper is messy but effective.
Sanding (by machine at home) is dusty, messy, and long but effective.
Media blasting by a local shop is quick, relativly cheap ($300 for a
Spridget shell, 1997 price).
This is the only way to go in my oppinion!
Been there, done it all, and learned my lesson. The chemicals and/or
sandpaper cost well over $100, then there is your time...about a month,
then another month cleaning everything in the garage if you sand it!

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ