Countdown . . . Ignition

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Countdown . . . Ignition
From: "Daryl and Jennifer May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 15:50:49 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, after a year of restoration, I started the motor.  She runs a little
"stumbly", but clearly runs.  It's a great moment, with thanks due to a
great many Listers.

Solved the timing problem this morning (the distributor shaft was out by
one notch - I really think the picture in the Haynes book is misleading).
Fixed it, and then the oversized rotor pretty well pointed to just one of
the terminals, which even I could now assign to #1 plug lead.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE MAKING PROGRESS WHEN YOUR WIFE ASKS IF YOU'VE GOT A FIRE
EXTINGUISHER!

One question (for now).  I put in 5W-30 oil to try to maximize oil flow
thru the engine during initial start-up.  is this the reason that the oil
pressure reads 20 psi (at all rpm)?  In any case, now I've got a running
motor, should I switch to thicker oil (10W-30, 10W-40)?  It's warm weather.

Next step is finish up the engine compartment (e.g., air filters, tidy-up
wiring), then fix the dashboard in properly, then seats, then test-drive.
The hood can come later, and then paint.

Thanks again to all,

Daryl