Question - Carpet snaps, number and location

To: Spridget mail list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Question - Carpet snaps, number and location
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 17:22:51 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
    I finally pulled out the moss carpet kit and laid it out on the
garage floor to see how the pieces would go into the car.  The DPO had
put in an ultra cheap black carpet, had glued it down, then screwed some
of the snaps back in on top of the carpet, screwed some in
with washers (the type used to hold the radio console in) and omitted
others completely.
(I had always wondered what kind of funky tonneau cover would snap to
the floor)

    At my best count I have determined the following:

1.    There should be four snaps in each footwell.
2.    There are two snaps on the floor in front of each seat
3.    There is a snap on the trans tunnel in front of the shifter near
the floor on each side.
4.    There are six(?) snaps that hold the piece on the shelf behind the
seats.

    The question mark on the last point is that my car has three snaps
near the seats but no snaps near the rear panel, nor any holes near the
rear panel that I can see.  My friend's '72 definitely has 6 snaps on
the shelf.

    Can anyone verify to me these snap locations and numbers?
Particulary anyone with a late production car (like a '79)  The Moss kit
only came with rings for 16 snaps, by my count I will need 20.  Anyone
know an order number for these parts?  They do not appear in the regular
catalog.

Thanks listers,

Steve.
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/

    "Then", said the mock turtle to Alice, "I will believe in you, if
you will believe in me ."