Re: Question - Carpet snaps, number and location

To: <GMari58175@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Question - Carpet snaps, number and location
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 20:02:06 -0400
Cc: "spridgeteers" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> I have been to Automat though not recently.  Spoke with the owner and saw
> their operation.  Top shelf!

Yes, it was (is?).  I also saw their shop on several occasions. In fact,
when I bought my top for the MGB one of the techs let me watch him put one
on so I knew how to do it right.  I used to work across the street at
Grumman Aerospace, where, among other things, the Hellcat, Tomcat, and
Lunar Module were built) and would poke around at lunch hour as a 17 year
old intern.  Grumman is all but closed there, and what's left is "Northrop
Grumman".  I hope Automat (and Vito's, for those who may know) still
stands.  Don't get me longing for civilization...