Re: HELP: Paint/body discussion

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: HELP: Paint/body discussion
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:39:06 -0400
Cc: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank Clarici wrote:
> I spent $3500 on just finish body work and paint. I did the blasting,
> cutting, welding and supplying of all the other stuff.

  Just so people aren't scared off, these prices come WAY down
if you do everything yourself. (just so people don't give up
painting their cars altogether)

  I am just finishing my 70B and it cost me about $400CDN
in body panels, $300 in paints and primers (ouch) and about
$100 in consumables (sandpaper, MIG gas, grindng discs).

  Oh, and three weeks of sanding, causing $40,000 in
therapy bills.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca