Re: Tooting my horn

To: jimrowan@uic.edu, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tooting my horn
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:16:46 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-09-16 10:39:43 EDT, jimrowan@uic.edu writes:

<< I'm looking for an original horn for the Sprite (60). If not can someone
 recommend a
 repo look-alike that uses the same mounting hardware? I have a horn on
 currently
 that sounded loud enough when it was in the garage but when I'm at speed on
 the
 street it is almost inaudible.  It sounds kinda like a Miles Davis solo.

Jim,
Finding an original horn for the bugeye maypose a daunting task for you as
they are really hard to find.  Suitable alternative may be the fluted horn
which was installed on the MKII and later, as well as MGs etc.  They mount ok
with a bracket and are easy to find.  Might also suggest putting on the high
and low tone versions, gives a nice tone and is louder.
PS:  I know it's not effective in traffic, but hey Miles Davis isn't a bad
sound.

george marinos
sprite MKII AN6
glen rock, nj