RE: Towing

To: "'Gary Barker'" <gbarker@citynet.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Towing
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 14:11:06 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Gary -

If you remove the driveshaft before towing, you shouldn't cause any damage.

The damage happens when the transmission is turning for extended periods
without being driven by the engine.  The oil distribution in the
transmission is driven by the input shaft.  If the transmission gets spun
buy the output shaft only, no lubrication.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net