RE: Towing

To: gbarker@citynet.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Towing
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:48:45 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Short distances with the car in neutral should not be a problem. It is
not necessary to remove the driveshaft but merely disconnect it from the
differential then use a block of wood in the tunnel to prop it up out of
the way and to one side, and tie it firmly in place. I know of MGB's
that have been towed behind motorhomes for hundreds of miles with no ill
effect without disconnecting the driveshaft. Midgets transmissions are
different though, not sure how they would stand up to that kind of
abuse.
Regards,
Peter.