Re: Roll Cage Imminent! (was RE: Towing)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Roll Cage Imminent! (was RE: Towing)
From: Dave Hiley <dhiley@cadvision.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:19:03 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi everybody,
I have a bit of a towing story to tell that occurred in the mid 70s.  The
'65 Sprite race car that a friend owned (that really doubled as a daily
transport with a quick change of dump pipe and roll cage) broke down about
300 miles from where we lived.  On a Friday night after work we took his
Dad's '68 Fairlane and went to get it with a tow bar.  At about 4 the next
morning (I was sleeping in the back seat of the Ford) we were navigating a
right hand curve about 20 miles from home when the LBC got a little too
close to the edge of the pavement and proceeded to roll spinning the BAB
(Big American Boat) in the process.  I clearly remember waking up to a
spinning world and wondering where the LBC had gone.  Unfortunately my
friend had borrowed my fiberglass hardtop when he went on the trip and it
was now only so much fiberglass dust.  The LBC was also toast.  I think he
gave me the Weber for my '65 Sprite as payment. Not a bad exchange but ....

.... I don't use tow bars.
dave
'72 MKIII