Re: Frank,Re: It's Alive 2!

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Frank,Re: It's Alive 2!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 23:00:44 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> Fast Frank,
> would you share your engine specs with us?
> i.e. what makes it fast?
> Ulix

The engine is a 67 12cc (pre pollution) 1275 with the EN40B nitrated
crank (polished) high compression (slight dished) pistons .030 over,
Kent 266 cam kit, 45 DCOE Weber side draft, Vizard LCB header, Cooper
"S" dizzy (centrifical) 5 speed gearbox, 4.22 diff.
I think I finally found the right combination for the perfect road
Sprite.
My other Sprite was similar but it had the Vizard VP7 cam which was a
bit lumpy at idle and didn't kick in untill about 2500 RPMs, this one
kicks in at about 1200 Rs and has the same mid range. I don't usually
run the car up around the 8000 mark so I feel this cam is perfect. I
have an even idle @ 750 RPMs as per the book!

I like it!
Frank