Re: heater

To: "Danny Rendleman" <dannyr@flint.umich.edu>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: heater
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:35:06 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, Danny!
The white powder is probably corrosion products from the battery.  It gets
under the heater box and down into the ducts inside the car.    There are
supposed to be seals under the heater box, but they might not be in good
shape.  The heater knob just operates the butterfly valve inside the heater
box intake duct to open and close the airflow through the heater core.
It's O.K. to leave it open when the car is parked.  You will get some cool
air flow through there until the coolant warms up next time, though.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain