Re: Electronic Ignition

To: "Carlson, Rob" <rcarlson@csw.com>, "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition
From: "Curtis Carlson" <carlson@navtech.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:08:20 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I installed a Crane XR-700 in Gerty after I couldn't settle the timing
down by cleaning up the distributor (Lucas 25D4).

The EI made *ALL* the difference in the world!  Now she idles smoothly
and doesn't buck at all.

Just make sure that your vacuum advance is working properly.  Mine
wasn't at first.

By the way, I converted from a generator this spring, which forced me to
switch from pos. earth to neg. earth.  I had a pos. earth Crane XR-700
EI which I used for one season.  Upon switching, I got a new Crane
XR-700 neg. earth to put in.  (I thought it would be easier than
isolating the EI electronically with grommets/enclosures, etc...)

If anyone is interested in puchasing my Crane XR-700 Pos. earth EI, I
have an extra now....guaranteed to work, with all instructions and
fittings.  Installation is a snap and only took me about 45 minutes.

I'd say "go for it"!!!!  Gerty is much happier.

Curt

--
Curtis Carlson
'66 Austin Healey Sprite MkIII ("Gerty")