Re: a Very Sad thing < a rant >

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: a Very Sad thing < a rant >
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:21:00 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'll try not to make this a personal attack, but this attitude is the same
attitude adopted by the morons in the SUVs that you despise so much, and it
pisses me off. What does the fact that race track drivers use drafting have
anthing at all to do with highway driving????? The highway isn't a friggin
racetrack!! You say "True, dangerous, But that's my choice." Well you are
also endangering the lives of those around you. But, hey, you can handle it
*and* you think it's your God given right.

I used to have the same attitude that you have until I got into an accident
where someone was killed. I was in the right of way, but that doesn't make
a damned bit of difference to that woman who's life ended when my car hit
hers. At the time I was a professional driver driving 18 wheelers and I had
been to the NY State Trooper driving school. Doesn't make a damned bit of
difference. As any State Trooper will tell you driving is a privelege not a
right, and when they take your license away for speeding and tailgating,
that's just what the Judge will tell you also.

Let's all try learn to drive defensively and responsibly. Being able to
drive our LBCs is a wonderful and precious gift as is being able to wake up
every morning. The life you save may be your own, or your spouse's or your
child's or that of a complete stranger. Waking up in the hospital facing
vehicular homocide charges is not something you really want to experience.

Sorry, I'm getting down from my soapbox now.

Robert
http://www.woozy.com