Re: Painting parts

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, wmgilroy@lucent.com
Subject: Re: Painting parts
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 06:59:18 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bill,
  For suspension parts I mediablast then paint using Eastwoods Chassis
Black paint. This paint is epoxy based and stands up well on suspension
parts, I also use it on the insides and backs of wheel rims when I have
them mediablasted.
As far as radiator shrouds etc. most paint will handle the heat but you
can use engine paint if you want to be safe.
If you are painting the radiator be carefull, you do not want to put a
thick layer of paint on the fins as this will act as an insulator.
Regards,
Peter.

>To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
>        "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
>Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 11:36:01 -0500
>From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
>Subject: Painting parts
>
>I was wondering what is the best way to prepare and paint parts.
>Over the next couple of weeks I will be redoing my front suspension.
>While I have it apart I would like to paint the A-arms, kinpins,
>radiator shroud, etc.  All of the following would address both
>painting with an air compressor and without an air compressor.
Currently