Re: PCV function

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: PCV function
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 22:31:50 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
OK my fellow Spridgeteers.... a related question (non LBC)...

I've got a '67 Volvo Amazon Estate wagon. The B18 motor was a bit tired, I
had a 30k fuel injected motor out of a Sportwagon... (tree fell on it... my
car, my tree).

So, I dropped in the fuelie motor, plugged the injector inlets (the trick is
to use freeze plugs with Permatex), bolted up the old intake with the Weber
32/36. I'm positive I have no vacum leaks.

There's supposed to be a breather hose from the oil filler cap on the valve
cover, that goes to a little breather in the K&N filter on the Weber.

Problem is there's so much vacum present at the breather hose in the valve
cover, that the car won't run worth a shit with the hose attached to the
carb/filter. It's like a ShopVac! Why would there be so much vacum at the
valve cover?

WST