Re: PCV function

To: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Subject: Re: PCV function
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 21:11:05 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All,

When I was younger I found out the hard way.  A little off subject, but here
goes.

I had just rebuilt my 1098 engine.  I was so proud of it.  My first rebuild.
The
long awaited time came to start the project back up.  Gasp, I turned the switch
and up she went.  Black smoke just a pouring out the tail pipe.  Turn her off to
investigate, everything looked fine.  Couldn't figure it out.  Took it down to
the
garage, he said" the rings haven't seated.  To feed it borax to seat the rings."
Being the young and stupid one, I did, and went through a box of Borax.  Still
smoked like crazy.  Found it a week later the PCV valve was stuck open.  Pulling
the oil right out of the crank case.  The spring had slipped off center and kept
the valve open.

I learned what the PCV valve was for that day.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby