Re: Tell me what you think????? PLEASE

To: Wayne Lowry <hotwheels@longviewtx.net>
Subject: Re: Tell me what you think????? PLEASE
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:29:09 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Wayne,
the condition of the body is all important.  If it is rust free,
definitely buy this car.  If is rusty, you will spend big bucks repairing
it.  Engines can be rebuilt cheaply, bodies not.  There is not much to the
interior, so it is not as important as in other cars where psrts are NLA.

So check the body in the major rust spots and make sure it is not a bondo
bomber (take a little magnet with you).
Ulix

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Wayne Lowry wrote:

> I'm new to the list! I don't even have a car that qualifies for this
> list. I am looking at a 1966 Sprite. it's a package deal with a 1967
> parts car.  I have never owned an Austin Healey or any other british
> car. Previously drove a 1967 Datsun 1600. Until I rolled it. 2 months
> ago yesterday .( If you don't have a roll bar get one!!!) . I am looking
> at a couple of Datsuns to rebuild mine with, but the austin sounds like
> a good deal( I think,I'm ignorant about Austins). I'm just wondering
> things I should be on the lookout for. It's a pretty straight car, good
> interior, no visible rust, has been sitting (well covered) about 5
> years. Owner said that the engine has about 20,000 miles ago I haven't
> herd it. Parked when he blew out a rear wheel cylinder. He had no time
> for it because of new family. He is asking $800.00 for all. Please  tell
> me what you
> think!!!
> Thanks  Wayne
> Lowry
> (currently without a convertible  having withdrawal symptoms)

                                                           '67 Sprite