Re: Rear Axel Bearings

To: Bkitterer@aol.com, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear Axel Bearings
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 09:54:34 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

I wouldn't worry about the part nos  BTA1222 is the diff assy, BTA 1223 ought
to be the CWP but 1224 is only the next number in the series for this ratio
size.

The axles ought to slide in, maybe the inside of the diff had been damaged
previously, perhaps by a broken axle, are you sure there is no debris inside
the axle hole?

I have had axle/hub play after fitting brand new rear wheel bearings.  The
only sure way to eliminate this is to fit a double bearing hub kit (most have
to be modified for a wire wheel car).  Also it is recommended to fit
competition axles when using double bearing hubs - more detail why if you or
anyone wants it.

Yes, it is difficult to get competition axles for a wire wheel car - I had
mine made specially.

Hope this helps.

Daniel 1312