Re: 9" brakes?

To: "David Christman" <dpc@ai.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: 9" brakes?
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:04:29 -0800
Cc: <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
David

I'm sorry I did not respond to your original post but my super mail server
never got it to me.

Ulix is correct in the I looked at fitting them. They can be made to work if
you are committed to it. The system uses MGB calipers and Spitfire rotors.
The calipers/rotors need some relief to keep the rotor from rubbing the
caliper. The steering arm must be reshaped/relocated to clear the rotor. The
upper trunion needs relief to allow the rotor to clear. I also seem to
remember a problem with the brake line to the caliper. I think it needed to
be relocated to get it out of the way of the rotor.

I had the additional problem of trying to fit them with the Frontline shock
replacements.

You might try the Mini Mania Tech page. They may have the installation
instructions posted there. They used to sell this as a kit with all of the
caliper/rotor mods already done. I think they no longer sell it but I'm not
sure.

Larry Miller