RE: Connections

Subject: RE: Connections
From: curt.onstott@orst.edu
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:44:04 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Two years ago the fuel pump on my Midget went south about 5 miles away from
home.  I hitched a ride home and gathered:

5 feet of plastic tubing
1 canning jar and lid
1 mityvac air pump with a fitting for the canning jar.
1 gallon of gas.

I hitched another ride back to my Midget and filled the canning jar with gas.
Then I plumbed the lid so that I could force air into the jar with my mityvac
to pressurize the jar.  This caused gas to flow out of the jar to the carbs.
It worked really well and saved me the cost of a tow truck.  When I got home, I
discovered that a wire connector had worked itself loose from the fuel pump.

     Curt Onstott - Crop and Soil Science Computing Admin
  Oregon State University. - (541) 737-5875 - Office: CrpS 153b
                    http://www.css.orst.edu/curt
No, life IS a contest.  Perhaps it doesn't FEEL like a contest to YOU
                because I WON so long ago.  -Voorhis
  '70 MG Midget    '75 Jaguar XJ6     '95 Specialized RockHopper