Re: Bonnet hinge testing my sanity

To: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, "Eriks Skinkis" <eriks@netspace.net.au>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bonnet hinge testing my sanity
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:47:02 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Before I'd attack the hinges, I would look for any evidence of the hood
rubbing the cowl, fender, etc. Those little rubs really resonate.
Peter C

At 11:21 AM 12/10/98 -0800, Mike Gigante wrote:
>I am a great fan of the copper based never seize for any squeaky
>places or places that like to seize  up (surprise surprise!)
>
>Even after the "grease" action has long based, it still seems to work.
>
>Mike

>>One of my bonnet hinges has developed an annoying high pitched squeeking
>>noise that is absolutely driving me batty. It only squeeks when the
>>bonnet is down (took me a while to locate the source as I originally
>>thought it was the speedo). This is the later type multiple moving joint
>>type hinges.
>>
>>I've oiled all the moving joints and this helped a little but hasn't
>>totally fixed. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to
>>fix it?
>>
>>Please help..... before the squeeking drives me crazy and I decide to
>>fix using a BIG hammer!
>>
>>Eriks.
>>
>>Midget '70

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti
(the Sprite with an accent)
among other LBCs and 4WDBCs
Contact for: The Columbia County Bonspiel
        Curling on 13 sheets @ 5 clubs in WI
        Feb 5 - 7 1999