Re: Silicone brake light switch

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Silicone brake light switch
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:05:06 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank,
      I have heard rumours of this problem of the silicone leaking thru
in the switch and destroying it sounds like it's confirmed now. I have
adapted the brake switch from an old dodge and it works fine. The brake
light switch is just a momentary off switch. I welded a tab on to the
brake pedal arm to press against the switch and made up a bracket to
hold the switch and bolted it in front of the pedal arm so that when the
pedal was depressed the switch was released. You could probably use a
trunk light or door courtesy light switch just as easily. I did this
three years ago to a customers car and it is still working fine.
Total cost $3.00 and about an hour of time.
Regards,
Peter.