Re: Silicone brake light switch

To: spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Silicone brake light switch
From: pasgeirsson@juno.com (Paul A Asgeirsson)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 12:01:40 EST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
This hydraulic switch problem is pretty typical whenever silicone is
being used.  The swell factor on rubber is higher for silicone than other
brake fluids and as a result the switch tends to fail very early.  If you
want to continue using silicone then try to fit a mechanical switch.
Pretty easy to do in a Spridget, almost impossible in a Morris, don't
know about the A40.

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com