Re: Mine scares me, it likes the speed

To: "Les Myer" <LesMyer@geocities.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Mine scares me, it likes the speed
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:02:48 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
maybe there is a simpler explanation. The wind noise gets pretty loud,
louder than the exhaust and you auditory system effectively scales down
the RMS of the total sound. the exhaust then seems quieter.

I don't know enough about the physiology of the ear, but I don't think the
total
noise *seems* to increase all that much when it in fact must!

Mike