Alternator Wiring - Help

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Alternator Wiring - Help
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 07:43:43 -0700
Cc: "Robert G(Z55765) Kershaw" <RKERSHAW@apsc.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have a 1960 Bugeye with (I believe) a Lucas alternator
installed by a DPO. The alternator was a smart move, but I just
spent 10 hours tracking and reconnecting all of the wiring he
misconnected.

Anyway, the alternator has one large terminal (10 gauge wire),
that I assume goes to the battery + post (I now have it to the
hot post of electric solenoid just installed).

There is another 'set' of three blade terminals (12-14 gauge)
coming off the back of the alternator. He has one going to a
light on the dash, one to the positive post of the coil, and one
unconnected (no wire)?

Anyone out there know if this is correct? Or if not, where these
smaller wires should go, if anywhere?

Thanks for your expertise.

Scott Meyers

1960 Bugeye 1275