Re: Speaking of originality...help!

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Speaking of originality...help!
From: "Theo Neeskens" <theonees@worldonline.nl>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 11:54:21 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Wow! That must go fast. Fiat engine and gearbox are sometimes put in a
Moris Minor in the UK, making it faster then an MGB.
Shame about all the other mods though...
Still, only $300 is very cheap.
I would buy it, make it look standard, and keep the powertrain.
(And add decent brakes!)
Overhere (the Netherlands) you can't buy a driving bugeye under $6000.

Theo Neeskens
1963 MG Midget Mk Ia

----------
> From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Speaking of originality...help!
> Date: woensdag 30 december 1998 23:38
>
> I wanted to pose this question to the group.
>
> I picked up a 1960 Bugeye, running, for $300.  So far so good.
>
> Trouble is, the guy who I bought it from made so many changes that I
would
> probably cost me twice as much as it would be worth to get it back to
> original, so I'm thinking about just doing the things that he did over
> (doing them mechanically and aesthetically right this time)...he put a
Fiat