Re: Gift Sprite

To: <spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu>, "Gary Speckman" <speckman@coredcs.com>
Subject: Re: Gift Sprite
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:54:11 -0800
Cc: "Jim Donato" <elmomancini@thicko.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
To all,

Gary's offer of $50 from Team Thicko was a noble one... and his offer to
pick it up and tow it to Ron, was a magnanimous gesture... but I, the
Flounder of Team Thicko, have determined Gary's ulterior motive. I believe
Ron was a guest of Team Thicko at Road America last summer, and apparently
was the first to discover that Gary's "948" Sprite race car was sporting a
1275 for the weekend... and somehow Gary had neglected to mention it to
tech, registration, or other racers.

Now, we've had trouble with Gary's "Cheatin' Dog" activities, and his covert
activities have besmirched Team Thicko's impeccable reputation in the past.
I suspect Gary's offer is an attempt to "buy" further silence from Ron, so
that he may continue in his "Cheatin' Dog" ways.

Say it ain't so Gar...

Wm. Severin Thompson
Flounder
Team Thicko

>The consensus clearly is to go for it.
>
>I do think however that $800 is too much for what was described
>to us by Dave.  $400 seems more reasonable.  Realistically, the "shell" if
>it is badly rusted is probably useless, too expensive to restore.(I have
one
>like that in my back woods, free to anyone who wants it)  If the bonnet is
>in good shape, thats a plus, but thats probably wishful thinking, right
Dave?