Re: Gift Sprite

To: nosimport@mailbag.com, spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Gift Sprite
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:47:13 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
nosimport@mailbag.com writes:

<< Listers, I got an idea. Lets all chip in and buy this car for Ron Soave.
 He's moving to a town 10 miles from Rockford. We could stash it in his nice
 HUGE garage. He's offline and is driving north today. Wouldn't his wife be
 pleased?   $800/282(listers) = $2.84 US. Hell, I'd chip in that much,
 double if I could be guaranteed a picture of the family first opening the
 garage door!
 Peter C  (blah,blah,blah ;-)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, I go away for the weekend and come back to 175 waiting e-mail messages,
and you guys are buying a gift Sprite for Ron, and my Mitsubishi turned
100,000 miles!  Is that a run-on sentence or what?

Just curious as to whether the list hit the goal amount, and if someone ever
got in touch with the owner to actually buy the thing.

Count me in for $10.00 if it's still needed.  This is a fabulous idea!  How
about we put any overage toward the gas for the tow, and a nice meal and a
beer for the ones who move it?

When do we start the restoration fund?  I figure $15,000.00 ought to give him
a good start.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport