Re: Another hardtop question

To: Rick Williams <redfish@premier.net>
Subject: Re: Another hardtop question
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:49:05 -0500
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Rick Williams wrote:

>     Does anybody have any experience with having a new plexiglass piece
> made for a hardtop.

Rick

I had the same problem a few years back.
I used Lexan (brand) plexiglass, it is very bendable for the compound
curves. It will take 3 strong men to fit it in the rubber and top at the
same time. I also used a heat gun after it was installed to sort of
finish the curves. This made the rubber gasket seat a bit better since
it was lifted a bit due to the curves.
A good hairdryer may work so will a propane torch but the torch can melt
the plexi. Be carfull if you use the torch.
Lexan is available at most better hardware and home centers. It works
great for side curtains too. It bends and does not break.
Mine has been fine for about 6 years now.

good luck
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ
Lots of LBCs