Re: Diode -> I think I've got it.

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, MGList <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Diode -> I think I've got it.
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:04:21 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My 12.5¢:

It all depends on the use of the diode in the circuit...there are many
different types of diodes.  It is possible that the diodes you bought will
work, and it is possible that the unit will work after putting one
in...BUT...if your application has some specs that we don't know about, and
the diodes you bought aren't rated for these specs, there is a possibility
of doing damage somewhere else in the circuit.

>I know the voltage expected out of it is approx. 23 volts. but as I
>understand it,  that's not a function of the diode.
Not necessarily...but if it is being used as a voltage dropping diode, then
the voltage out might be part of it's function.

Sometimes you can get schematics for things from the manufacturers.  Call
them up and say you need to order a schematic for 'benchwork'...usually if
you sound like you know what you're doing they will send it to you.

There was no part number on the diode?

CTP