Re: Hardtop Questions

To: AHSprite78@aol.com, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Hardtop Questions
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:54:11 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My 65 had a Parrish (sp?) Plastics hardtop. Had to use the windshield clips
from the convertible header (easily moved back and forth between tops) and
used turnbuckles at each top bow mount. You were instructed to drill a
small hole in the pipes/tubes (you know, where the hoodsticks go) and the
turnbuckles would hook into the holes. Worked fine back then. Parrish tops
were my favorite in that they pretty closely mimiced the shape of the
convertible except they used a wrap around rear window rather than the 3
light soft top. Parrish tops were made in Pittsburgh and may still be
around. I always thought Snug Tops were too squared off.
FWIW   Peter C