Re: ummm..... houston, we have a problem.......

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net, robert@woozy.com
Subject: Re: ummm..... houston, we have a problem.......
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 06:31:09 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/19/99 12:26:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dwramsey@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< adjust the drive gear >>
One caveat that happened to me--fortunately during a rebuild put together so
the engine was out of the car--I had completed the major engine work--boring,
rings, bearings, etc. and had closed and sealed the engine, includng of course
the oil pan.  While easing the distributor gear into place it shifted
suddenly, got away from me and fell with a sickening clunk into the bottom of
the NEWLY SEALED oil pan.  After my excellent string of well chosen 4-letters
I had to unbolt the pan and break the most secure seal  to retrieve the gear.
Needless to say the next time I lowered itinto place it was well secured with
a piece of wire looped around it.

David