Re: What's it worth

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: bobfrato@bright.net
Subject: Re: What's it worth
From: TYPE79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:07:10 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob,
This is so hard to answer without seeing the car and knowing your intentions.
In my opinion, what you describe are a collection of parts.

If your goal is to reassemble this mess, I would look for a complete car. If
you are looking for parts, I guess it might be worth between $500 and $1,500.
The tub may not be as good as you think. The bonnet may cost a fortune to
repair and you may not have 50% of the parts you need to assemble a car.

"98% rust-free" is great but where is the 2% of rust. Check the spring boxes,
lower door posts, and rockers. The problem in checking this is that since the
car was primered, some possibly rotted areas are going to be difficult if not
impossible to find.

Damaged bonnet - Tough to work on but this depends upon your expectations.

Damaged cowl - You will need an experienced person to repair this.

"All parts (mechanical and interior) seem to be with the car" - This is one
time that assume is appropriate. Assume there are parts missing and assume that
until you know what are those missing parts, you must assume they are the
harder to find or more expensive to replace parts. But again this depends upon
what you are planning to do for a rebuild.

"1275 head has been rebuilt" - Tell me another one. i.e. forget it

"Two hard tops in so so shape" - These may have some value if they are original
hardtops but they are expensive to restore.

This really sounds like somebody's "junkyard". If you are new to this, find a
car that is assembled.

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6