Re: Bugeye Period Performance Tune

To: hubbard@idir.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye Period Performance Tune
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:57:28 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-02-26 10:28:48 EST, hubbard@idir.net writes:

<< Obviously a Judson
 Supercharger would be big here and therefore I wonder how George M is doing
 with his lately. >>

My Judson installation went according to plan.  That is carb rebuilds, and jet
trial and error.  Timing, etc. was the easy part.  Car ran great once I got
everything sorted out...then I started messing with the electrical and ...well
let's not discuss that.  My neophite advise on beefing up the 948 is the added
stress of over boring, beefe cam etc. really weakens the engine without really
all that much extra performance.  Switching to a 1275 would provide you with
tons more performance and less stress on the bigger engine.  Anyway just my
two cents.
george marinos
Sprite MKII (supercharged)
glen rock, nj