Re: need honest response.....please

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: miq@teleport.com
Subject: Re: need honest response.....please
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:42:42 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 03/02/99 13:16:08 you wrote:

>Calm down a notch Jay, what you're talking about already exists.
>
>It's called the Monster List of Vendors and it is on www.team.net under
the
>sol section and maintained by Chris Kentarjiev.
>
>--
>__
>Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com
>Tualatin, OR

Thanks. I took a quick look and it looks helpful, but everyone should
take this list with a grain of salt and STILL ask a lot of questions.

During my quick perusal, I noticed a restoration shop in the eastern US
that wrote its own description touting its virtues. I only saw one of
their ground-ups and they would be better off doing ground beef. They
charged this poor soul $15,000, and counting, on a Bugeye and their fine
work included bondo over the holes where the top hardware was supposed
to be installed. (It got worse from there.)

But otherwise, this does look like a good resource if one just
remembers...Caveat Emptor.

Jay Fishbein, CT