Re: need honest response.....please

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: need honest response.....please
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 15:53:08 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jay,
        Well stated! Vendors should be held accountable for their errors and
omissions, and they are by virtue of word of mouth and whether the public
buy from them. But how is the customer held accountable for malicious,
mistaken, or libelous statements? The vendors have no recourse as the
buyers do. I believe the buyer has the responsibility to allow the seller
to correct things privately.
        You're correct that the best way to avoid misunderstanding is to take
your
time and get and give accurate descriptions of what is being sold and what
is wanted. A vendor unwilling or unable to do that is suspect, in my view.
The key here is communication and this list forum certainly helps. I know
I've made mistakes (probably making one now), and I think I try to remedy
the problem, but I've probably p***ed a few people off and I'll never know
about it or get a chance to fix things. That's business.
        I hope, Susie, that the miscreant has been reading all this banter and
that the problem has been solved privately.
        I'll step down now, thanks for listening.    Peter C