Re: Keeping tires beautiful

To: GMari58175@aol.com, dougi@home.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Keeping tires beautiful
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:25:47 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/8/99 11:00:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
GMari58175@aol.com writes:

<< With all respect and curtesy to Allen's response, I respectfully disagree.
 the general rubber treatments avail from the usual auto supply places aren't
 necessarily the best thing for your tires.  ie:  Silicone based products are
 the worst for rubber.  It adds to the deterioration process.  Look for a
 rubber treatment product that is "Silicone Free"  such as Zymol (expensive);
 Vinylex,, etc.  The best stuff I have found is ever used is Wurth rubber
 treatment.  Spray can, not cheap, but lasts longer than the othes and doesn't
 give an ultra shiney appearance.  Provides a more lustre look to the rubber.
 Just my two cents. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I will certainly defer to George's knowledge on the subject.  I use this stuff
on my Mitsubishi, which is my daily driver.  I'm not worried about how long
the tires last or the affect the cheapy sprays will have on them.  They look
good so I use it.

If you are restoring a concours car, or you have original tires for a 30 year
old car, LISTEN TO GEORGE!  If you buy cheap products, you will certainly get
what you pay for.  I should have been clearer on the application when I posted
my response.

I still don't have my Midget on the road, and I may change my mind on what to
use, even though it won't be an origianl show car when I'm done.

Thanks George!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget  (with no tires)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (with shiney tires!)