Re: Keeping tires beautiful

To: Doug Ingram <dougi@home.com>
Subject: Re: Keeping tires beautiful
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 08:25:52 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
When you use Armor All or other protectants on your tires you end up with
an ugly brown film.  I use tire cleaner from the auto parts store to clean
the tire, then use some tire-shiner-upper (currently a can of Tire Foam
that someone gave to me).  Using only the shiner will not work for long,
you have to clean them as well.  An old dish brush works well.

Ulix

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, Doug Ingram wrote:

> Any advice on keeping tires clean and shiny would be appreciated. (Besides
> not scuffing them on curbs, that is).
>
> I'm nearly finished the job of bead blasting and repainting my steel wheels,
> and I'd like to clean up the tires before remounting them.
>
> Does anyone have any secrets? What is the best way to clean them? Are there
> any waxes, polishes, etc. that work to keep them looking good?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug Ingram
> Victoria BC
> 1958 Frogeye