Re: Bleeding Brakes

To: Dave Nesseth <davenesseth@xta.com>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Brakes
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:33:52 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I might have been lucky...I replaced my entire system, including calipers,
master
cylinder, hoses, rear wheel cylinders, etc.  I (alone) popped a hose on the
bleed
valve, opened it (with the hose in a jar of fluid), got in the car, and pumped
the
pedal.  Spent about 5 minutes on each corner of the car and my brake pedal is
now
solid.  There is no play at all.  There were no air bubbles coming out of any
of the
valves, and my system had been completely empty.  I had planned on just getting
it
semi-working until I could get some help, but maybe the act of me keeping a foot
pumping the pedal and contorting my body so that I could hang out of the car and
look underneath it pleased o mighty MOWOG.

How does your pedal feel?  Could the air bubbles you are seeing simply be
bubbles
sucked into the hose from around its mount on the bleed valve?  I've had that
happen
before.

adrian

--