Midget Seatbelt Recall

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Seatbelt Recall
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:05:47 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Has anyone had any luck with the Midget Seatbelt recall that was a thread on
here a while back?  My Midget is within the recall numbers and the seatbelt
does indeed jam.

I wrote the original person at Jaguar and received a prompt and polite letter
telling me Rover was handling the recalls.  I called Range Rover dealer here
in Knoxville.  They politely referred me to the Land Rover dealer.  The guy at
Land Rover called the guy at Jaguar and they concluded that Rover Group, UK
was handling the recall and that they had established a 1-800 number to accept
recall queries, but they didnt believe anyone was answering that number.  True
enough--I have called and called and let it ring and ring, no one answers.

SOOO--I looked up the e-mail address of Rover, UK and e-mailed their service
manager with my plight.  He emailed back telling me they couldnt help me, but
that I should contact www.mgco.uk.  I went to that site but there is no way to
contact them.

Anybody have any ideas?  Is this something Congress should be involved in
since it is a safety recall?  This thing is going around in circles--no one
wants to take responsibility for the recall.

---David