Re: Re: Midget Seatbelt Recall

To: nateley@email.msn.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Midget Seatbelt Recall
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:48:57 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OK guys--I called the National Highway Transportation  Safety Administration
Complaint line--two bits of information:  First, the recall was SUPPOSEDLY
(according to the original print out I copied off the internet)  issued in
1985.  The NHTSA said that there is a statute of limitations on recalls of 8
years.

Secondly:  The NHTSA  had no information about a seatbelt recall on the MG
Midget.  No recall had been issued.  Just another one of those Big Rumors that
float around the internet, like the guy whose kidneys were removed, or that we
are going to be charged long distance charges for time connecting to the
internet, or all those virus rumors????

Anyway--I figure it will cost me as much in phone calls and time as to just
order some new ones, inasmuch as this appears to be a smoky rumor!  Judging
from the original print out I have from the Scions of Lucas, it sure duped a
lot of people.

--David