Re: Wiper Help

To: biffjones@erols.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wiper Help
From: LBCarNut@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:32:27 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/14/99 9:51:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
biffjones@erols.com writes:

> I need some help on getting the wipers on my bugeye apart.  I
>  want to look at the inner drive cable.  Can I remove it at the
>  motor/gearbox and spin it out or do I have to remove everything
>  to get it out?
Biff,
     If you remove the wiper arms you can take the top plate  off the wiper
motor and lift the cable out of the holder and just pull the whole thing out
of the sheath. Sometimes you can just put the wipers in the upright position
and pull the cable out but the wipers spin as you are removing the cable and
hit on the bonnet.
Regards,
Peter S.