Re: Re: Wiper Help

To: "spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Wiper Help
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:19:53 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Gang, I want to report that my wipers now work!  All the
suggestions/instructions helped me in tracking down the main
problem and the necessary dis-assembly.  Armed with Rick's
suggestion (easiest) I found that the outer cable was moving with
the inner causing it to lose half its motion to the drivers
wheelbox. Thanks Rick.  Using Andy's, Frank's, Peter S's, and
Jeff's instructions I got the cable apart at the motor box so I
could use Alan's idea to rotate the cable so that the wheelbox
gears were 180 degrees from where they had been. As I said with
those two improvements and some fresh lube they sweep perfectly
now (well almost I have one odd wiper blade that hits the
windshield frame).

The problem at the wheelbox was a DPO. Someone had replaced both
of the wheelbox screws with ones that were close but no cigar!
One was still holding the other was ready to fall out! I now have
two appropiate screws holding it together.

Again Thanks to all that responded, it made the job easier than I
thought possible.

Biff, AN5, 'Kermit' & HAN6, 'Ole Gray'