Re: Head work

To: TGElliott@infoave.net, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head work
From: Ronsoave@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 23:30:59 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-04-15 22:59:19 EDT, TGElliott@infoave.net writes:

> I haven't had the work done yet, David said that at the moment they were
>  stockpiled with work until around June.

Travis,
Like Daniel, they haven't done head work for me for a 1500, I was
recommending them for a cam, if you were considering Kent.  I have a 1275, I
was recommending them on the basis of the success I had using David Vizard's
excellent sections on cams and heads in his book.  The cam I have is
essentially a VP7 copy, and with a 3 angle valve job and beefed up valve
train I have to be careful to keep the revs under 6,000 since I foolishly
kept the stock crank (non-nitrided, ground .010 under).  When I had my work
done by a then-local machinist who did custom work, I didn't know that APT
was alive and kicking.  I had a lot of correspondence with David Anton on
some things I wanted to try, and he is an absolutely incredible wealth of
knowledge.  He was in England at the time, and still wrote me pages of e-mail
on several subjects, and actually advised me against having him do custom
work for me on a header (an ejector PCV system for low vacuum, high exhaust
velocity conditions) because he felt with my setup I wouldn't get much, if
any, benefit.  He was real helpful on distributor questions, and wrote a
dissertation on weber carbs that Daniel1312 posted a few weeks back.  As
Daniel said previously, the two Davids are royalty, and you can't go wrong.