RE: Engine Spec advise wanted

To: valntine@mail.ptd.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine Spec advise wanted
From: Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:54:24 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Valentine,
Why would you not bore the engine?
Any machine shop worth their salt will bore at least .010" just to true up
the cylinders. The bore is needed because with prolonged use, many miles,
the engine rings wear the cylinder walls into an elliptical/egg shape, that
new rings alone will not cure.
Over boring is a good thing, as long as you have the room and your walls
aren't too thin. Most of your high performance 4 & six cylinder engines have
a bore wider then the stroke.

Andrew Griffith