RE: Privatization-NOT

To: "Dave Miles" <davemiles2sonaz@uswest.net>, <GMari58175@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Privatization-NOT
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 15:36:08 -0500
Cc: <hello39@idt.net>, <ERIC080@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Amen - very well said.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-spridgets@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-spridgets@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Dave Miles
Sent:   Sunday, April 18, 1999 1:13 PM
To:     GMari58175@aol.com
Cc:     hello39@idt.net; davemiles2sonaz@uswest.net; ERIC080@aol.com;
spridgets@autox.team.net

The facts go against your statements.  Every time a function
of the PO has become privatized, the service has improved.
UPS delivery far exceeds PO third and fourth classes.  Fed
Ex greatly exceeds the Express Mail success rates.  As for
the Carriers striking, that would be one of the best things
that could happen.  See my original post about overpaid and
underworked.  UPS and FedEx both deliver on Saturdays, and
in most major cities, on Sundays as well.  The cost might go
up, but I doubt it.  I pay less to either of these companies
than to the PO.

Reality check here, folks!  The postal service is a typical
government agency, bloated with fat bureaucrats.  Can you
think of any government agency which is worse due to
privatization?

Now back to lurk mode.

Dave Miles
Tucson, AZ