RE: blowers

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: blowers
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:50:49 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Fitting a Judson to a 1275 requires some engineering work. I believe there
is someone on this list who is trying to do just that right now. Care to
jump in?

I should mention that finding a running Judson for $500 is not at all easy.
They are rare and have been out of production for many years. You'd be
surprised at how many are languishing away in someones barn or garage.

Also, setting one up to work properly on a 40 year old car that has likely
been "tweeked" itself over the years is also a challenge. George Marinos has
tried this and was successful after a lot of trial and error. George might
want to tell us how much it cost to get all the bugs out but I would guess
that $1k out to do it. That does not include the cost of getting your engine
back in essentially what is a factory state of tune. No use bolting up a
Judson to a "tired" powerplant.

Daniel58162