Re: Mk 2 Problem.

To: SirIanOfCa@aol.com
Subject: Re: Mk 2 Problem.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:38:27 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
SirIanOfCa@aol.com wrote:
.Is the transmission tunnel the same as the Mk
> 2? Can I cut the firewall and trans tunnel out of the rubber bumper and weld
> it into the Mk 2? I know the rubber bumper midgets were the 1500 engine is
> the transmission tunnel still the same?

Ian

The firewall and tunnel are structurally the same.
There are a few mior differences between the MKII and the 1500 tunnel.
If you are going as far as cutting one to fit the other, the differences
should be no problem for you.
The 1500 has a bump where the MKII did not, also if you are in the inner
footwell panel, make sure you KEEP the access hole for the slave
cylinder on the MKII, later 1500s did not have this hole.

Now This sounds like a project!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ